The Nocturne Theatre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure Room

+5
Lute
Ryuya
kathichan1
FoxofDissonance
Fellen
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leisure Room Empty Leisure Room

Post  Fellen Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:29 am

The leisure room is the complete opposite of the dorm-rooms; it's cozy, comfortable, welcoming, and anything but depressing. A medium-sized room painted a light green ("to promote feelings of well-being, harmony, security, relaxation and balance"), the leisure room is the only room which doesn't have business-related purposes and the only room which isn't immaculately neat. A bunch of very worn-out beanbags clutter in the centre of the room, while on the surrounding edges books are stacked on shelves and toys are stored to the brim in assorted boxes and crates. In one corner a round table stands with an array of chairs encircling it, provided for any writing/drawing purposes. The occasional artwork of the children and the circus is plastered on the remaining wall-space, and flowers are placed in vases on shelves, and are often replaced day by day. In short, the leisure room is the place where all the audience's gifts and such are stored. Well, most of it. The scientists always review gifts given to the children before it is put in the leisure room and to use, and any material which could dangerously stimulate the children's curiosity of the outside world is thrown away.

- Quartz, the Ringmaster.

Last edited by Fellen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Fellen
Fellen
Admin

http://thenocturnetheatre.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Leisure Room Empty Re: Leisure Room

Post  FoxofDissonance Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

"Quit it, Aiden." Cammie mumbled softly and with an irked expression. She brought the picture book closer to her face and leaned into the sofa. It was a children's book with barely any words, and the few that Cammie found within fascinated her. They were like puzzle pieces to something much bigger and she could not comprehend any of them. Thankfully there were pictures, so despite not being able to read she could usually get the gist of the story. At times Cammie would grab more complicated books off the shelf, she liked looking at the letters even if they made no sense.

"C'mon Cammie, let's go do something fun." Aiden whined before giving the girl in front of him a childish pout. He had resorted to poking her awhile ago, but it had only earned him a light whack on the head. "Cammie," he repeated in a pleading tone of voice. "Please, the boredom is killing me." His friend ignored him and gave him the silent treatment. Either she was doing it deliberately or she was so engrossed in the book that she had forgotten all about him. It happened once in awhile. He ruffled his already disheveled blond hair and plopped down onto the sofa beside her.

The girl grinned in reply. "I Finally got you to quiet down, I deserve a gold star for that." She joked before she stared intently at the drawings in the book. There was a rainbow and it was drizzling. Beneath it all a dog walked onward despite the heavy traffic. The pictures were lovely, but they never gave Cammie the happy feeling she was looking for, perhaps if she could read the words would reveal that the story was more melancholic than happy. Aiden didn't reply, which was rare considering he liked to chatter on and on. She cocked her head to the side and noticed he was pouting like a four year old. Cammie rolled her eyes then gave him a poke on the cheek.

A smile tugged on the corners of his mouth then he found himself chuckling. "Fine, I'll give you your moment of peace, but tomorrow when we get free time-"

"If we get free time." She interrupted him mid-sentence a smile also plastered onto her own face.

He let out a long sigh before nodding then getting to his feet. "If we get free time we're gonna do something fun, okay?" He pumped a fist in the air and gave her a goofy smile. Aiden's idea of fun always involved getting tired and lots of effort, but he was the closest thing to family she had, so she was always the one who put up with his silly ideas and random outbursts.

"Okay, now go along and let me look at pictures in peace." She made a shooing motion with her hand, but her tone of voice was cheery and she was still smiling.

"Sure," Aiden gave her a salute, turned around then begun walking on, in his usually bouncy and cheery demeanor. Maybe he could find someone else to goof off with in the meantime. Aiden hopped towards the door and left for the Gambit's training room.
FoxofDissonance
FoxofDissonance

Back to top Go down

Leisure Room Empty Re:

Post  kathichan1 Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am

(Italics with "" are for when Zalli speaks since she's not technically speaking English and italics with '' is for thought, just to be clear ^^)

Rapid twitters broke the silence in the leisure room as the door opened, revealing two figures who walked in. The girl in the back was chattering nonstop while gesturing wildly with her hands. With a rather exaggerated flail, she almost hit the boy walking in front of her in the back of the head but he somehow managed to dodge without sparing a glance back. The boy sighed for the umpteenth time today, ignoring his twin's babble as he walked over to a beaten down sofa and sat down, closing his eyes and resting his head on the back of the seat as the other jumped onto the sofa, causing them both to bounce a bit before settling down.

"Quet! Were you even listening to me? And how are you so tired already? It's only the afternoon and we've still got to practice a lot before the day ends which reminds me that new move for the trapeze is still awful so get up already and-Mmph!"

"Can you please be quiet for just a moment, Zalli?" Quet waited for his sister to nod before removing his hand from his sister's mouth, a slight snicker escaping him as he saw her disgruntled look. His features quickly shifted back to his usual emotionless gaze as he spoke again. "I'm resting up so I have the energy to practice later. Are you capable of being silent for a few minutes?"

Zalli chirped indignantly, hopping back onto her feet and folding her arms. "Of course I'm capable of being silent! I'm always silent!" She paused for a second. "Well, ok, maybe not always but most of the time or maybe sometimes, but I obviously can be quiet if I wanted to-" The girl stopped mid-sentence as her brother raised an eyebrow at her, causing her to huff and turn around only to see the previously unnoticed Cammie engrossed in a book.

"Cammie!" Zalli smiled brightly, bouncing over the the Zany and nearly bowling the poor girl over with a hug. "I didn't see you there! Were you reading? What are you reading? Oh I love picture books do you mind if I sit and read for a bit-"

Quet sighed, mumbling quietly in complaint at another apparent restless afternoon "She can't even understand your words," he muttered before freezing as his mind processed his words. 'She? Oh jeez... He mentally berated himself for becoming so tense just because there was a person of the opposite gender in the room before sitting up and letting out an awkward cough. "She, uh, says she wants to read with you." He said curtly, rubbing the back of his neck and trying not to make eye contact. "If that's ok."
kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuya Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 am

[[Apologies to Kathi. I had this written out and about to post when I saw your post and I really do hope you don't mind that 3/4 of what happens here sort of precedes yours. Darn my slow writing. I can revise if necessary. /shot. CAN I EVEN REVISE? /shotmore.]]

It was—still early. Right now, there should be land animals roaming about in the training room alongside their respective trainers. Ivan had nothing against the animals but their trainers on the other hand—he just didn’t wish to see their act. Ever.

So, what should he do now? Lunch, which consisted of a plate of vivid greens for him, was over; he couldn’t practice until later tonight; he had no idea where Undine or Anemone was; and he didn’t want to go bother the scientists—not that they could be easily found. They all hid behind that restricted area. If security wasn’t so tight, he swore to himself, he would sneak in and mess around. Eh, but even disregarding the security, his whole being still shivered at his last punishment for not complying with the scientists’ requests. He decided that he would be obedient for a while.

Ivan decided that perhaps he’ll attempt to read a book. In spite of the schooling that he received when he came to the laboratory, he wasn’t able to pick up much of the teachings. It wasn’t a problem with his brain or the poor teaching style; Ivan simply didn’t want to learn. Not from these people anyways. It was also part of his rebellion. With that in mind, he set off to the leisure room from the hallway leading to the training room of the animal tamers. Up until now, he had been wandering aimlessly, peeking into various rooms and avoiding the tamers’ training room. Reaching the fork in the road, the young man walked straight and took a left, arriving at the door of the sought after room. Just as he arrived, the door swung open and a bright figure bounced out. The aquatic gambit sidestepped and turned so that his back faced the wall just in time to narrowly avoid being hit by either the door or the person he recognized to be Aiden, a fellow animal tamer. He grimaced slightly, aware that the boy’s act involved harming animals while also being aware that he contained a gentle heart. This is one of the animal tamers that Ivan couldn’t decide how to treat. Luckily for him, the cheerful figure didn’t seem to notice his presence and skipped off down the hallway so he took that chance to slip inside the closing door.

Immediately, his sharp blue eyes picked out the lone figure. A girl. He tensed up. He dealt with girls like any normal guy; he didn’t. Whenever they look at him with those eyes, those eyes, his mind goes blank. He starts to sweat profusely and he could only stare helplessly at them with wide, deer-caught-in-headlights eyes. It would seem likely that hanging out with two girls nearly every day would have anesthetized him whatever magic powers girls held over him but it wasn’t the case. Sure, he could be normal around Undine and Anemone but that was only because he considered one to be his best friend—being half-fish doesn’t hurt either—and he considered the other to be like his little sister.

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod. They are alone together. There’s no one else around. That hit him like a ton of bricks over the head. If he wasn’t panicking, he sure was panicking now. He inched silently towards the closest sofa that is also the furthest away from her. As much as he wanted to escape, he needed to sit down; his legs suddenly became the consistency of a cooked noodle. Thankfully for him, two people burst into the room soon after, filling the air with chatter. The animal tamer trainee breathed a silent sigh of relief. He remained seated with the hopes that his legs will soon solidify so that he didn’t have to remain so awkwardly present in the small corner of the room. He also hoped no one spotted him. Or his weird scuttle against the wall to reach the sofa.
Ryuya
Ryuya

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxofDissonance Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 am

The story proved to be quite melancholic, each turn of the page revealing a slightly more gloomy picture. The current scene involved the dog wandering aimlessly through the countryside, and on a lamp post on the left corner of the page was a photo of the same dog with the words missing in bold beneath. Cammie couldn't read it, but the picture told her that the dog was probably lost. She bit down on her lower lip and wondered if she- no they were all lost too.

They didn't belong in the underground circus. No one did, and no one ever would.

Despite what those scientists said she believed that there was something out there, something better. Maybe those fairy tales had finally gotten into her head, maybe they had finally turned her into some crazy daydreamer. She found herself smiling bitterly, because she knew that the outside world had something to offer. Unlike a few of the others she was not born and raised by the scientists. She was taken in at the age of four and she had memories of the outside world. They were hazy, vague and very few, but she clung to those memories the same way a child clung to his favorite toy.

Yes, the outside world was a place full of possibilities, but there were always problems. They will never accept us when they find out what we are, we're freaks. Cammie chuckled slightly before sighing maybe she should have picked a happier book. Like Aiden always said, live for the moment and smile. Easier said than done, but it was better than moping around. She flipped the page, thankful that his cheeriness was contagious. Cammie continued staring at the pictures and words and once again found herself deeply immersed in a picture book that was much more suited for six year old kids. In fact she was concentrating so much that she had noticed neither Ivan or the twins.

She was just about to turn the page when a massive force nearly sent her falling over the edge. Oh no, it's the end of the world! The roof just fell? And it's going to crush me! Those were the girl's initial thoughts, for a few moments she sat stiff and frozen, her heart thudding wildly in her chest. It was a few seconds later when she heard the familiar and rapid chirping. Oh, it's just the twins. She let out a relieved sigh and smiled at the girl who had just tackle hugged her. "Hi, Zalli," she occasionally ran into Zalli and she liked girl's upbeat and cheery personality, but she had no idea what the girl was saying.

She heard someone cough and cocked her head in his direction. It was Quet, the quieter twin. He translated his sister's chirps and Cammie nodded her head, since she finally understood. She turned to Zalli with a kind smile. "Oh, sure. I don't mind one bit." She handed over the book about the lost dog. "This one is quite good, sad, but still wonderful. The pictures are lovely, whoever painted it is really talented." She got up from the sofa then walked towards the shelf to grab another picture book for herself. She took one about a Salmon's journey then plopped down onto the sofa beside Zalli. "Oh yeah, thanks for the translation,Quet." She smiled in the boy's direction. "That's your name right? Sorry if I got it wrong. Not really familiar with you guys in the aerials." She nodded slightly then looked down at the book on her lap.

Last edited by FoxofDissonance on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxofDissonance
FoxofDissonance

Back to top Go down

Post  kathichan1 Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Zalli waved in greeting, chirping cheerily. "Hey Cammie! I'm really glad you're here because if you weren't my brother would have just sat there and that would have been TOTALLY boring but now we can read together! Thanks!" Zalli grinned, happily accepting the book from the other girl. She looked at the cover before nodding in agreement to the other girl's words; the pictures were really pretty. The girl sat down onto the sofa and curled up before opening up the pages, immediately being drawn in by the story of the missing dog.

Meanwhile Quet was still trying to behave normally as he always would. 'Why am I so nervous? It's not like she'll talk to me or anything, so just-' His head jerked up as he heard his name, eyes widening as they met hers. His mouth opened and closed but no sound came out, making him face palm internally. 'She's only asking if she got our name right so stop being so nervous! Just tell her yes normally!' He swallowed and tried to speak once again, but only managed a weak mumble and a nod. Quet was relieved when she turned back to her book, letting out a deep breath he hadn't realized he was holding. 'A-at least it's quiet now...' He thought, eyes giving the room a quick scan before spotting someone sitting in a sofa in the furthest corner of the room.

Engrossed in the book, Zalli didn't pay attention to her brother's little panic attack. In fact, she wasn't really paying any attention at all to anything else besides the page the book was opened to. Softly, she ran a clawed finger over the last worn page of the book. In it, the dog was playing happily in a beautiful garden with a person who she assumed to be his owner. 'I'm glad he returned to his place..' She smiled, but somehow she felt a little curious. What was it like to find a way back to the place where he belonged? Even before that, what was it like to have a place to belong to in the first place? Zalli shook her head and gently closed the book, trying to clear the thoughts away. The circus is where they belong. It's the only place.

...Isn't it?
kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lute Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

“Because he’s a jolly good fella, he’s a jolly good fella,”

Hmmm, the sound seemed to be coming from the corner of the room…?

The small feminine voice rose even higher and higher. The girl whom the voice came from looked like she was close to squeezing out all of the air in her tiny frame—She was actually starting to resemble a crushed soda can.

Suddenly, Mono stopped, tilted her head to the side and pouted, then finally gave up on remembering the next line. Her lavender eyes held the gleam of one who was trying to recall something important.

“Aaaand I don’t know what’s next! End,” She giggled to herself and then stared at the small book which lay snugly in her arms. The song came from one of her fellow Spec-dolls (‘Wait, I’m still a trainee,’ She made a mental note about the fine line between professionals and amateurs such as herself), although she didn’t know what it was about. About a fellow being jolly good, maybe? Mono didn’t even understand half of what she said.

“Anyway, I wonder if Soel will read this? I’ll give it to him first,” She decided not to keep on muttering since her voice sounded all scratchy and cracked; the effect of singing for two straight hours. They’re not going to be pleased… But a voice isn’t needed to be a contortionist anyway, so Mono thought that maybe the scientists will let this pass. Still, it was nice pretending to be a normal kid who sang normal nursery rhymes… Even if it was just for two hours.

As a result of her decision, Mono’s voice could be easily heard even a few meters away from her. However, it was obvious that the girl was enjoying her own company seeing that she didn’t pine for someone to talk to her… Maybe. Anyway, the book that she was holding was one of the stories she wanted to hear from Soel. The kids in the group were fine with anything, really, and sometimes it was rare that they’d hear a new story since someone would ask for a repeat. They were fine with repeats since it was so… fun.
She smiled again.

For Mono, it wasn’t just fun because of the tales, but because they get to bond. Everyone in the “story group” huddled around in a circle around Soel and listened while he told these chronicles about princesses and gnomes and evil wizards and—Oh, it was so many! Sometimes in the middle of a story someone would ask a question, offer an opinion, or openly laugh at something that one of the characters did. It was also common for most of the younger kids to scream or shudder whenever Soel came up with a creepy narrative. Because of that they were… A family. She hoped.

Anyway, she’d wait here for Soel. The kids always had her present one of their new requests to the animal tamer since she was “close” to him, which of course Mono rolled her eyes at. She was suddenly saddened to realize that nobody was close to their group’s pillar. Maybe she’d do something about it since she’s not busy anyway…
Lute
Lute

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxofDissonance Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Cammie nodded at Zalli's enthusiasm. "Wow, you must really love books if you're that excited to read them." She smiled cheerily before it shifted into an apologetic one. "I'm really sorry, but I can't understand bird." She rubbed the back of her neck. "It would be really cool if I could though then we could talk about our favorite books and a ton of other stuff." She stared at the cover of the book she had picked. It showed a Salmon swimming upstream against the raging currents. Must be a tough life, but then again our lives aren't any different.

She peered over Zalli's shoulder and saw the picture of the dog finally returning home. If they left the circus where would they go? Home, just what was it? In some other books she had read, home was a place with family, love and everything else good in the world. Did any of them in the circus have family and if so were they looking for their missing kids? Yeah right,Probably not. Her cynical side was starting to kick in again. Cammie closed her eyes and shook the thoughts away. She focused on the word home and tried to paint the most vivid picture of it in her mind's eye. She let out a long sigh, home to her was the Good Smile orphanage. Home was the nuns that told the children to go to bed, and tucked them in from time to time. Home was nothing but a distant fantasy.

"Hey, Zalli. What does the word home mean to you?" She had blurted out without a second thought. Cammie mentally face palmed when she remembered that she wouldn't understand a single word of the bird-girl's answer. Maybe she could ask the girl's twin to translate for her, she tilted her head in his direction. He looked so serious, and she didn't exactly want to bother people. I guess I'll be doing some code cracking then.
FoxofDissonance
FoxofDissonance

Back to top Go down

Leisure Room Empty Re:

Post  Kirakishou Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 am

Disgruntled and miffed were two words that perfectly described a certain young woman at that very moment; that was, if Anemone allowed herself to feel that way. If not for the lack of ambition to outwardly express that she was irked, she most likely would had been throwing a temper tantrum inside of the dining area. Probably throwing utensils that she wasn't even using, spitting out her water in disgust. Yeah, something like that. But this happened daily, so it was nothing new. Kids got bullied no matter where you lived, underground or above ground. No matter, both bothered her. But of course, she did nothing to prevent it either.

It's not my business. I can't make that little boy any happier than I could make myself.

Anemone observed this young boy fairly often. He was quite amusing in the training room, so fondly attached to the head of the Aerials. He was one of her regulars. Regulars as in, one she kept a close eye on, but never spoke to. Not like she spoke to many people in the first place.

She took quick strides down the Nocturne's corridors, dodging individuals left and right. She inwardly sighed.

If I might so humbly suggest, this institution is in need of a plague. That was, if it didn't already have one.

The number of people bothered her to no end. It was like no matter where you were, there were more people. More children to deal with, more children to listen to expressing false hope and others indulging in this illusion. She felt as if she was one of the few that remembered the old world so clearly.

She soon approached the room known as one for leisure. But instead of entering, she stood close to the door for several moments before knocking. Others might of found it peculiar, or maybe even an invalid's pathetic excuse for entertainment. The knock had a certain rhythm, a pattern of some kind. But it did not go without meaning. The knock was a form of Morse code.

"Ivan, if you're there, I have something to show you."

This was how the girl was able to get her friends attention when she did not wish to enter rooms with an abundant of people. Of course the hallway was not much better, but it would do. She held tightly in her hands a black book, within it, a special drawing. One she was proud of, and couldn't wait to show her friend.
Kirakishou
Kirakishou

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuya Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 am

Thankfully, it seemed as if no one noticed his presence. His legs had regained its former consistency and he felt like he could probably get up and not fall flat on his face any second now. He prodded his legs once, twice, three times, wiggling his toes in the process. He was extremely thankful for the twins for entering the room. Not only did it distract the zany, they created a crowd. One on one contact, he isn’t very good at. However, if it was a group, he could slip out easily and quickly.

And—a few seconds after his initial thought of relief that no one noticed him, one of the twins, the male, turned towards his direction. He breathed yet another sigh of relief that it wasn’t either of the two girls and smiled at the aerial. He nodded in his direction slightly in a friendly greeting. Ivan wasn’t at all familiar with the aerials, but those two—he at least knew those two. They weren’t acquaintances or anything even similar to that. It’s just the fact that they are twins. Not many children here are twins. Not to mention, not many siblings were lucky enough to stay together after whatever unfortunate event that caused them to end up here. It was sad. He didn’t like thinking about it.

Fortunately, he didn’t have to think about it for too long. A small singing voice disrupted his train of thought and he directed his attention towards the source. Immediately, he recognized that head of brown hair. He knew her. Well, by name anyways. That was Mono, one of Soel’s kids—Well, everyone considers them as “Soel’s kids.” Everyone else in the group was a haze of oddly colored hair to Ivan but this one—from what he heard, she was kid to talk to in order to suggest a request to the reader of the group. It was a nice thing to do for the kids, one of the only joys they get from this dreadful place. Despite Soel’s treatment of marine animals that Ivan detest (he treats land animals so well; why can’t he do the same for fishes?), he couldn’t help but think well of his roommate. Hell, he even attends some of the reading sessions since they are held their dorms. Although, to be honest, he is getting quite a bit tired of hearing some of the same stories again and again, but the looks on the kids’ faces—it was oddly comforting.

Almost as if being brought out of a trance, the blonde’s head jerked slightly upwards. At first, he wasn’t aware of what caught his attention but then he heard it again: rhythmic tapping. Tap, tap, tap, tap. Luckily, the young man was close to the door or else he wouldn’t have heard it. He had learned from experience to sit next to the door for a particular reason and, he believed, this was the reason. A few seconds later, he finally caught on.

“—ou’re there, I have something to show you.” A wide grin spread across his pale face as reached behind him to tap out a responding message.

“Anemone, you have a knack of knowing where I am. I’ll come right out.” True to his words, Ivan got up from the sofa and moved towards the door. He pushed the door open slowly to avoid injuring whoever might be behind the door and closed it softly as to not disturb the people gathered inside. The smile remained on the older experiment’s face as he lightly ruffled his friend’s green hair. He brought his hands together into an upward motion, using sign language as his form of communication.

“What’s up?”
Ryuya
Ryuya

Back to top Go down

Leisure Room Empty Re:Leisure Room

Post  Kirakishou Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 am

With the arrival of the other, she gently replaced the few strands of hair that he might have disrupted. A normal gesture of hers, not one made out of rudeness or discontent. Actually, she sort of enjoyed his way of greeting her (not like she would of made that apparent).

Before getting to the more important matters, she recalled his previous statement and made sure that she clarified. Elegantly she raised her hands and made her thoughts into hand motions.

"When it is not apparent that you are in the dining hall or the training area, you are most likely residing in this room. You could had been in your dorm, in which case, I have been wrong several times on the whereabouts of your identity, but this time I seem to have....gotten "lucky", I guess you would say. Otherwise, it is merely a game of deduction. You could just be fairly predictable, and if such, it is ultimately you who is at fault for my finding you with such ease."

Her facial expression gave no leeway, making it fairly difficult to tell if she was honestly joking, or being serious. But just in case, to clarify further...

"I am joking, of course."

She hoped the boy was used to it now. Every time that she attempted at humor, she made sure to clarify. Just to make sure things didn't get weird or awkward. Expressing emotion was just really not her thing.

"Anyways..." She sat down on the floor, crossing her legs and flattening out the skirt of her dress before opening the black book she held in her hands. She opened it swiftly, removing a white folded sheet of paper. She raised the paper to add suspense to the situation. The next part of her act included opening the paper and smoothing it out nicely on the floor (which was uncomfortable to say the least).

The paper was divided by black lines and larger black rectangles. Even to herself, it looked nearly foreign. Instead of using her hands to speak, her voice emanated a soft, gentle tone. "It's a piano."

Her eyes looked a tad sorrowful before deciding to communicate further through sign language. "I've only seen one once. And I can't really find many books on music here. The one I found described the keys as ranging from A to G, then restarting back at A." She then touched the keys one by one down the line. "If it made sound, it would sound like the music we listen to in that room." She made sure to point besides them.

Her fingers lingered on several of the keys as she pretended to play slowly. She imagined the tune would sound very melancholic. Something that made a person feel, without speaking words, or through physical touch. No, a different kind of feel. The one many of them already felt.

After a long moment she looked up to him, signaling swiftly. "I'd like to learn how to play some day. Then I could teach you how to play. If you'd like to, that is."
Kirakishou
Kirakishou

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuya Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 am

Ivan laughed, a clear ringing sound, as she spoke, his eyebrows slanting downward. He didn’t laugh at her words per say; it was just—her way of speaking. Or rather, her attempts at being funny. They were so unfunny that they came around to being funny again. Being around the younger girl had already immunized him to her words so he had gotten used to her idea of humor. He prodded her cheek as she indicated that she was joking, giving her a toothy grin.

“I know.”

Ivan knelt down beside her, making sure to stay on at her side instead of in front of her as to not block the hallway. His blue eyes watched the book in curiosity, wondering if it was storybook. He was almost disappointed when she chose to pull out a white sheet of paper instead. As the paper unfolded before his eyes, he shifted into a more comfortable sitting, crossed-legs, position. He didn’t want to tire them out as much of his swimming is powered by them and he still have to practice later or else be punished. Ivan’s mouth opened slightly as he viewed the black lines and rectangles.

Piano…

A cog turned in his head and his eyes widened a little more. He knew what it was. Or—he thought he did. It was that monstrous thing in his grandpa’s home that churned out beautiful sounds. Like—

“Ringing bells.” He signaled slowly as he heard the sound. It was faint, a memory of his lost childhood. Back when—things were better. Happy faces gathered around this piano thing; grandpa’s fingers flying expertly across those black and white rectangles; mom and dad—his face suddenly cringed. No, no, no. He didn’t want to remember. Those were fake memories. They can’t be real. If they were, why did he end up here? Here in this—place.

The picture of his joyous family faded away from his sight to be replaced by the vision of his plant friend, pretending to play on the piece of paper. This was his family now, what he considered his family. A small smile appeared on his face as he watched, prodding the rectangle nearest to him. He giggled silently as if he actually interrupted her playing.

“Yes, I’d like to learn.” He grinned, his hands flying through the air in excitement. “If you don’t mind what I expect to be horrible playing.”
Ryuya
Ryuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Naiko Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

Soft steps seemed to flutter down the hall as a petite girl made her way to the leisure room. It seemed her attire was casually concealing, as usual; a loose fitting turtle neck and a pair of pants kept any light from reaching her delicate skin. The last touch of accessory was mostly out of necessity as a lose fitting hat Luci wore to defend her eyes from the pseudo sun that lined the halls and rooms. Usually there was a bit more bounce in her step, but any observers could see today she was having a bit of difficulty. Her steps were slightly uncoordinated and she rubbed almost begrudgingly at her eyes. This bit of difficulty displayed could only be explained by her motives about five steps prior. She had made up her mind that today she would draw some more and in her enthusiasm she had tilted her head back that her eye caught sight of one of the hall lights. Now, half-blinded, she scowled waiting for her vision to clear and her stride only a bit slower and a hair more wobbly than it had been before.

Still blinking away the afterimage as she was nearing the leisure room when she felt her shoe hit something. She let out a surprised squeak; nearly tripping over it, what ever it was exactly. Her extended arms told her whatever was in the hall was large, formidable, and nothing to fall upon. Shifting her weight she resorted to falling back a soft thumb signifying that her rump was now firmly, if not too firmly, planted on the ground. Her hat had not fared much better as it sat a foot or two away. She groped for it one arm touching cloth and the other recovering her hat. Drawing her hands, and the hat, back she planted the cap back on her head pulling it down snugly to block out as much light as possible. Her eyes had closed when she fell and now they squinted to make sense of whatever shenanigans were being pulled. Such a silly word, shenanigans. Thinking about it fleetingly, she recalled a scientist mumbling it when she was younger. Enough of that though.

Blinking now she realized just what she had run into. Anemone and Ivan had settled themselves down on the floor just outside the leisure room, if not a tad off to the side. Luci's face flushed with color and embarrassment, the color mostly bleached out by the lack of darkness. "S-sorry I didn't see you there." Was all she could get out but her arms waved apologetically, before moving to gesture towards the hall way she had just walked down. It was hard to tell the full story through gestures but Luci seemed to do surprisingly well given she hardly let out more than a few words here and there.

"There was...ceiling light...and the halls..." This went on for a few minutes before her uproar quelled and her gaze rested on the two firmly. A somewhat concerned look graced her features, as though her apology might not be accepted, and she hoped everything would be okay. Luci struggled with making friends that any bad impressions on her part nearly stopped her in her tracks.
Naiko
Naiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirakishou Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 am

Anemone shook her head, indicating dissatisfaction. "No." She signed. "I am positive you would do lovely." Her eyes drew back to the white sheet longingly. Whether 'some day' meant some day soon, or some day far later, she rather disliked the word. It wasn't precise, it was vague. And if anyone knew Anemone, they would know she hated things that were vague. She needed concrete and precise answers. It was one of the reasons she strayed from religion; it wasn't something that could be answered simply.

Breaking from her train of thought, she returned to dawdling with the fake piano. "I'm sure if we listened closely to that music, we could determine which key is being played. The lower notes are found on the left side, while the higher notes are located on the right. It may be difficult, but it is a task I am willing to attempt." The girl nodded her head matter-of-factually. "For the sake of knowledge." Her fist rose high in the air, her eyes watching Ivan closely, waiting for him to do the same.

For people like Anemone, learning was everything. And if she couldn't learn, there was no purpose to her life. That was a reason she was so eager to help people learn; she wanted them to enjoy it as much as she did. Though the experience was brief, she did enjoy attending school. It was mainly the children who had no manners she disliked. The ones that judged others for their differences she especially disliked. Who knew, maybe if life had proceeded the way it was supposed to, maybe she would had become a teacher, one that really paid closed attention to her children to make sure that no one was being singled out...like she once was.

"Now. I wonder what other instruments I could make without getting the white coats mad at me. I suggest we--" Her hands stopped motioning mid sentence out of surprise.

"Oh." She spoke aloud. "Are you alright?" Anemone's attention turned to the small girl that seemingly tripped over the two of them. "I do apologize myself, it is quite hazardous for the two of us to be resting here. It has the capability of situations such as this to happen. Fret not, we find no harm in the occurrence." Her eyes shifted to Ivan with a light nod, her way of saying she could speak for him if he would like her to. She had grown used to offering that to him. Of course, what good friend wouldn't?

As if she felt the need to hide the sheet of paper, she picked it up and folded it, shoving it back inside her book discreetly. It wasn't as if she had anything against the girl, it was just a habit to hide things she thought of as important.
Kirakishou
Kirakishou

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuya Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 am

[[NAIKO. /o/]]

Ivan remained silently by Anemone’s side, simply watching her. He noticed that once in a while, she’ll get this look in her eyes. He wasn’t quite sure what it means or even what it is but whatever it is, it made him sad. It was—painful. For her. Whatever it was. It pained him too. He raised a tentative hand, resting it gently on her shoulder before removing it a few seconds later. It was something he did often to show some kind of comforting action. As close as he considered the two of them to be, he couldn’t quite bring himself to offer any action more intimate than the hand on the shoulder. Sometimes, he felt that should they really become family, it might end up the way his last family did. He wasn’t sure if he could survive another family breaking apart, even if it is a fake family.

He listened quietly as she talked about the various keys on the piano. This was how a lot of their study sessions end up: Anemone talking about this and that while Ivan listened, taking to heart whatever she told him. He liked that about her, how she was so earnest in whatever she did. He followed after her, pumping his fist high into the sky, with a big grin on his face. He nodded, tapping her fist with his own. Whenever they did that, Ivan felt that they could do anything. It was a nice feeling as opposed to feeling trapped and powerless.

He watched her hands fly in front of her. So engrossed in it was he that he didn’t notice the footsteps echoing the near empty hallway. A look of surprised crossed his own face as the newcomer’s feet ran into his legs. Almost simultaneously with Anemone, he turned his attention to the small figure crumpled on the ground. The young man started to sign his apology when he stopped mid-sign, suddenly remembering that not everyone knew sign language. Luckily, he caught sight of his friend’s nod, and nodded in reply. He, instead, turned to the spec-doll, his long fingers forming words.

“Tell her that it’s our fault for sitting here anyways and that we’re sorry—Well, nothing you haven’t already said yourself.” He grinned, showing his pearly whites. “Most importantly is the apology. I want to apologize too.”
Ryuya
Ryuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Lute Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

Finally… Training was over.

As he headed towards the “leisure room” (which was really more of a place where you’re forced to socialize with strangers rather than anything at all), Soel felt a sharp twinge of pain blossom from the back of his head. He stopped in his tracks and immediately set his hand to the task of weaving through that blonde mop of his. “Hair”, people called it. Whatever. All he cared about was that it wasn’t in the way when he was performing with the tigers. Let the kids braid it or … something. Wait… Braids? Forget it. His shoulders tensed and he pulled on his hood until point it was forcibly stretched down to the tip of his nose. The last time someone braided his hair, they had the brilliant idea of inserting flowers in the equation. Tss.

It was a really frustrating day today, as it usually was every day. Training not going well. ZAP! Tiger suddenly gets cranky. ZAP! Tiger is scared of fire. ZAP! Tiger doesn’t like to jump through hoops. ZAP!

‘Cursed collar.’ His gray eyes, shadowed by the darkness under his hood, narrowed into slits. Sometimes he just wished that his mutation was geared towards offense so he could mow this world clean of those—
Soel shook his head, suddenly irritated by the lack of rationale in his thoughts. Angry again. Always angry. Not good.

He wondered why he didn’t burst like a balloon what with all the ire stored up in his system, but then he remembered… Sleep. When he let himself drift off to Dreamland, anything that happened on the previous day just… dissolved. Soel categorized this trait of his as a weakness since he wanted to remember a lot like that kid…. Wait, that kid… Who was he again? He was a member of the story group, right…? Oh, yeah. Yuj.
Anyway. What was the big deal with the new tigers? It took him almost three months just to get Sia used to the sight of fire, let alone “potty train” that latest Bengal. He observed that Bengals were, by nature, solitary creatures who didn’t care much about their kin’s presence. The scientists were that smart to be able to tinker with his … body, but can’t they even sense that the tigers were getting unhappy already? It was like having four introverts in a room and forcing them all to talk under the threat of… Well… Under threat.

However, his migraine didn’t just end there.

As soon as Soel breezed through the doors, someone suddenly hurtled towards his direction. A flash of white and brown and…

“Soeeeel!” Mono’s round, baby-like face popped out of nowhere. Her curly brown hair bobbed up and down—Sometimes he thought that her hair had a life of their own, trembling and swaying like that all the time—as she bounced again and again off the floor. He immediately noticed the new bandages on her wrists, though almost inconspicuous under all those flower bracelets, proof positive that Mono just recently got out from one of her examinations. His head started to throb even harder this time.
SOWEL,” He muttered under his breath, loud enough for her to hear, but as usual she was much too absorbed in her … happiness to even notice a trace of sarcasm. Mono always pronounced his name as “Sole”. Ugh, kids.
“Loooookit this new book!” She had to stand on her toes in order to even reach him. He suppressed a sigh and started to leaf through the pages.

!

“No,” He scowled and gave the book back to her. Mono looked really offended, as if he just slapped her, but he didn’t care. That book… He'd have several hopefuls dancing around and messing with their performances for a long time if he used it for tomorrow night's material. Soel’s head now had a certain rhythm pounding inside it.
Much to her credit, though, the girl didn’t like giving up. “But Soel (“SOWEL!”), it’s so cute! The princess is really pretty!” She pointed at the cover page, where the illustrations of an elaborately dressed woman and a dashing prince were featured.

Last edited by Lute on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Lute
Lute

Back to top Go down

Post  Naiko Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 am

Luci still looked a bit flustered but glancing herself over as though verifying her answer before she opened her mouth. “I-I’m fine.” She said softly a tad embarrassed she still had not seen them sooner. She was somewhat stunned they accepted her apology and even apologized themselves. Silvery pink eyes watched the signing with no grasp on any of what was being said. The worst part was when Ivan stopped and turned to sign to Anemone distress overcame Luci’s features. It fascinated her and yet she couldn’t understand it, a method of communication that didn’t require speech. The signing was a painful reminder she couldn’t communicate to anyone with her ability, something that required light rather than hands. She stared at her palms for a moment flexing her fingers trying to comprehend it before she looked at the two.

Extending her palms to them, in a vain attempt to speak her own way, they were faintly aglow with dots of luminescence barely visible in the dim hall lighting. “It’s okay.” She added, as if trying to explain the light. Eventually she pulled her arms back and settled her palms in her lap knowing her light was gibberish to everyone, even herself. It was a futile attempt to give it meaning like she did the jellyfish’s glow she had seen as a kid. In the stir of things Luci was oblivious to the keyboard drawn on paper and didn’t even see the girl fold up the paper and put it in her book.

Now a bit calmer, albeit a bit discouraged at not knowing how to properly wave her arms as they did, she felt compelled to introduce herself. “Luci.” She fumbled to form a coherent sentence. “My name…is Luci.” Her eyes stared at the two shifting with slight nervousness not sure if they were clear on her intent.
Naiko
Naiko

Back to top Go down

Post  kathichan1 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 am

Zalli's musing were abruptly cut off by Cammie's sudden question, causing the girl to turn away from the book. "Home?" For once, she didn't have anything to say. She tilted her head before pursing her lips in thought. It wasn't as if the question hadn't ever passed her mind before, but it was usually just an errant thought that quickly gets thrown aside for more important matters. Her eyes scrunched shut while her brows furrowed.

Unlike Cammie, the bird-hybrid had never experienced the outside world even once. She was born inside the cold, sterile walls of the laboratory and grew up there... So would that mean the lab was her home? The girl frowned. There was no way that was true. How did that saying go again? Home is where the heart is? But then where did her heart belong?

"Hmmm..." The girl opened her eyes and looked around the room as though the answer was hidden somewhere within the confines of the walls. She noted absently that more people had arrived, before resuming her search for anything that could help her answer the question. 'Books? No... Bookshelves? Uh, no....The sofas? Wait what?' Zalli shook her head, clearing the strange thoughts away from her mind before her eyes fell on her brother lounging on one of the aforementioned sofas. 'Quet...? Quet!' She grinned brightly. Was there really any need to think so hard in the first place? She turned back to Cammie.

"Quet's my home!" The girl finally stated, pointing to her brother. ''I know he's not a place or a literal home where people can live since that would be kind of creepy-"She rambled on arms starting to flail around once again in an attempt to convey her words across. "-but in the end I guess that he's the most important person in my whole entire life." Zalli smiled earnestly. "That's why for me, home is wherever Quet is. What about you, Cammie? And why do you ask?"

kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirakishou Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm

It was mildly amusing to her how jumpy the young girl was. As if they'd suddenly attack her like one of the agitated lions in the animal taming room. "That is a relief," She replied, then motioned to the boy beside her. "Ivan apologizes as well."

As the girl fumbled with her hands, she curiously glanced at the faint lights appearing on her skin. The connection suddenly clicked, before the girl had mentioned the light, and with light of her own..."I see. The light from the hallway interfered with the light of your own? Am I correct?" She stared at her hand before she pulled it away. It looked as if she was attempting a certain code. She hadn't learned of a way to communicate with light.

Broken from her train of thought on how to create a language system through light, she nodded her head at her introduction. "My name is Anemone. This here is Ivan Azarov. It is...a pleasure to meet you, Luci." Under normal circumstances, Anemone would had never initiated conversation as in depth as giving names. But something about the girl made her pity her and feel inclined to play along. It wasn't a bad thing to enlarge her circle of friends, however. She only felt slightly uncomfortable in the awkward sense. And seeing how frail this little girl was, she was a bit afraid of scaring her away.

Though seeing as she wasn't quite sure what to say to the stranger...silence ensued. Several times Anemone would glance over the girl, taking note of her strange colors. No one had ever really taught her staring was impolite. That, or she really didn't mind being impolite.
Kirakishou
Kirakishou

Back to top Go down

Post  Naiko Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:42 am

Luci seemed relieved at the apology. Only when Anemone attempted to figure out the cause of the disruption and explain it did Luci shake her head ‘no’ in response. There was silence for a moment as she tried to find the words. They were not her strong point, as she was so soft spoken on a regular basis. Actions suited her much better but for this much detail an act would get her nowhere. Releasing a breath she had been holding in her eyes shifted to the faces before her before finally settling on Anemone’s. “Not quite.” A weak smile graced her features as she prepared to explain.

“The light in the hall is very bright and hot. The scientists told me my body isn’t built to handle it well, that I only need small amounts of light to see. I got distracted before and accidentally looked at one. It was blinding.” She spoke softly pulling her cap down and tugging slightly at the ends of her sleeves as though she had become conscious of her light sensitivity once again. Even more nerve racking was the intense stare Anemone had placed on her. Luci was use to the many stares from the audience but this was when she was doing a performance.

Seldom were gazes so intense that Luci looked for some sort of escape though it was not a physical one. She couldn’t risk an opportunity to make friends and if she fled now surely their impression of her would be tarnished. Her mannerisms were usually geared towards keeping others happy. Crowds were entertained at every show but friends felt a bit more intimidating. They were closer and the desire to keep everything pleasant was greater. Anemone’s attentiveness to the light Luci had manifested did not go unnoticed. Like a brilliant idea, she used it as an escape from the stare. Hopefully what made her special would overcome what made her odd. At least Luci thought she looked odd. The children in the picture books never had translucent skin or white hair.

Finally what made Luci a zany surfaced. Her arms extended forward and her timid smile was replaced with a more confident one. “My light is cold!” She announced her expression unfaltering. “See?” She offered a palm to each of them. The color was faint in the hall lighting but under the brim of her cap you could see more clearly the patterns and colors produced on her palms extended to other parts of her body as well, including her face. There was a bit of pride in the action but Luci seemed to retain her kind demeanor. If anything Luci’s pride was clearly that of a child’s, the sort a kid might have presenting a crayon scribble to a peer.

There was however one question Luci felt her heart tugging at her mind to know. “Is the hand thing hard to do?” She inquired. Her fingers bent slightly, as though she might be able to speak as they did if she wanted it badly enough.
Naiko
Naiko

Back to top Go down

Post  kathichan1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 am

Quet raised an eyebrow as he stared at his sister animatedly chattering away with the Zany member. It wasn't like he had a problem with it, but.... 'Wasn't she the one who wanted to get back to practicing as soon as possible? Figures she would get distracted so easily.' He sighed, but couldn't stop a small smile from tugging at the corners of his mouth. 'Well, it wasn't like I had expected anything else. It is Zalli, after all.'

He waited for a few more minutes, all the while keeping a lazy eye trained on his sister who didn't seem to have any plans of leaving anytime soon. The boy sat up and ran a hand through his hair, pondering whether it was worth it to keep waiting in the room that seemed to be a lot more crowded than it had been when he first entered. And to think he was looking for a quiet place to relax for a while. With this thought, he slowly got up from the sofa and stretched. "Hey, Zalli," He called, before raising an eyebrow again when the girl showed no signs of hearing him. "Zalli." Quet tried again with the same results. Sure, he could've just walked over and tapped her on the shoulder, but that would mean that he would have to interact with the other girl, which would most likely end with him stuttering and fumbling about once more. He decided to spare himself the embarrassment and headed to the door, knowing that if his sister wanted to find him she could do so pretty easily.

'I wonder if the garden is less crowded...' He thought, walking out of the Leisure room before pausing at the sight of three people next to the door. Ivan and one of the Spec-Dolls whom he hadn't really spoken to before was sitting against the wall while a Zany-Luci, if his memory served him right- was facing them. Quet briefly wondered why they were having their conversation outside in the hallway rather than inside the room, but promptly decided that it was none of his business. He gave a nod in greeting and left, heading towards the hopefully empty garden.
kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxofDissonance Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

It was raining, a fine drizzling rain.

The sound of children's laughter echoed through Good Smile orphanage. It was story night, the most awaited night of the week and everyone was happy. Even the old nun who usually had a sour expression on her face. Five year old Cammie huddled close to the fire with a bunch of the other children while a four year old Aiden scribbled away at a piece of paper. The nun had told stories in a happy voice and with animated gestures. "Stowies, more Stowies!" Aiden had yelled out before he got onto his chubby toddler legs and scampered up the chair to sit on the nun's lap. The older children had laughed and had told him that stories wasn't pronounced that way. Cammie had laughed at him too. "Silly, Aiden." She had said before grinning at the younger boy, with so much hope in her amber eyes.

So much wasted hope. Things were happier back then weren't they?

Cammie hadn't realized it, but she had a lost look in her eyes and a frown on her face. Unlike most of the Zanies she didn't bother with trying to smile 24/7. That was just a pain, especially since she wasn't exactly happy all the time. However, the girl did take her performance seriously, so when on stage she would become the Zany everyone expected her to be. She'd juggle all the while singing in an off-key and silly manner though the highlight of her act was changing colors to match the current ball in her hand.

She would have stared like a zombie if not for Zalli's chirps snapping her from her thoughts. Oh! I almost forgot, we were talking weren't we? Well...sort of talking, I can't understand bird, but hey look at the bright side. It's almost like charades. She stared at Zalli questioningly, since she didn't get what the girl was trying to say. She noticed that the girl was pointing at something, so she turned her head and noticed that it was Zalli's twin brother, Quet.

It took a her a few moments to understand, but eventually her chirping made sense. Not literally, but she did get the gist of what the bird girl was trying to say though her actions. "Oh, you're home is wherever he is?" She asked with a slight tilt of the head. Hopefully she had gotten that right. Cammie stared at Zalli then smiled at the girl. "It must be nice having someone to call family." She said the last world slowly as if relishing the sound. It was such a strong word and Cammie rarely used it. Only a hand full of kids at the circus had their brothers or sisters with them. Zalli and Quet were lucky.

"You guys should watch out for each other, okay?" She had uttered in a sheepish yet kind voice. I rarely talk with them, why am I even saying any of this. She persisted, despite the voice in her head that tempted her to stop. "Sorry if this is awkward," she chuckled slightly before looking Zalli in the eye. "You guys probably do that already, and you don't need anyone to tell you that, but I just wanted to speak my mind... you know how we Zanies are, with our ramblings and all that." She paused for a short moment, there was a smile on her face though her eyes said otherwise. She was never really good at trying to be something she wasn't, which was why she lacked the spark that most Zanies seemed to naturally have. Though at times she wondered if they were faking and just way better at it than she was.

"I just think you're really lucky to still have someone to call family." She flashed a genuine smile, because she was truly happy for the girl that sat in front of her, though there were traces of worry in her amber eyes that almost always gave her real feelings away. If only she were a better actor, just like Aiden. Sure he was easy to read most of the time, but when he wanted to he could put on a stoic face that even she had trouble reading at times. And that was saying a lot considering that she had known him ever since they were toddlers. "Make the most of it, and hey if you have each other you'll always be able to pull through even during the worst of days." She gave the aerial a thumbs up before she finally ceased to speak. The bird girl smiled and she smiled back.

Zalli had chirped some more, but this time no actions accompanied it. Cammie had a vague idea though. It's probably more about home. Then again maybe it isn't. She didn't know exactly what Zalli had asked, but she managed to get it right by luck or perhaps coincidence. Home and Family were two topics that always managed to sap the cheeriness out of the Zany. Cammie closed her eyes and gave her answer.

"Home for me is somewhere out there... it exists, but it's just not here."
FoxofDissonance
FoxofDissonance

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuya Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 am

Ivan silently scrutinized the young girl before him. She was a weird one. Skittish, as if they might hurt her. Quick to please, he assumed by her apparent need to explain herself. He frowned when he noticed her distress, momentarily stopping his actions. He couldn’t help but feel that he had done something wrong even though he really didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. He hesitated, and then continued signing. As much as he wanted to include the zany in his conversation with Anemone, he wanted to conceal his voice that much more. It was displeasing to hear, more so for himself. It was as if he couldn’t believe that pitch came out of his body.

He put on an apologetic smile as Anemone expressed his words for him. As she extended her hands, his blue eyes immediately snapped to their attention. Hands were important for the young man for communication issues and although it seemed as if she might not be able to sign, he could very well be wrong. Ignoring her hand gestures would then be rude. If he had not been paying closer attention, the barely visible specks of light on her skin would have gone unnoticed. However, they now attracted his attention more so than any gestures she might have made. He remembered something about lights in skin. He wasn’t sure if it was taught in the classrooms or if he picked it up from Anemone or a book, but he knew lights in animals weren’t uncommon. In humans they were, so it made sense for Ivan to assume that she had undergone some experimentation with animals. Now, if only he could remember what type of animals. There were so many. It’d be rude to ask her straight out so he must keep his curiosity in check.

He had lost himself in his thoughts as the two girls conversed; only coming back in time to hear the pale girl’s introduction. Again, he was thankful to Anemone for speaking for him, only nodding his head enthusiastically at both his name and his friend’s sentiment of how nice it was to meet her. He cocked his head slightly in Anemone’s direction. It was strange to him for her to introduce herself and make friends. From what he knew of her, she preferred to keep to herself most of the time in terms of strangers. Perhaps it is due to Luci’s nonthreatening demeanor that allowed Anemone to offer her name. Either way, it was nice to earn a new friend. On the borderline of being a mute, it is very hard to make any friends and keep old ones. Though, he mused, the aerial that spoke bird did quite well. It’s very hard to find one person who doesn’t know the cheery girl. He laughed silently to himself. It’s probably because of her infectious joy as compared to his mundane personality.

As silence washed over the group, Ivan couldn’t help but feel the need to speak. But—what if Luci found his voice strange? In fact, even Anemone only heard his real voice a couple times in the whole time that they’ve been friends. Although he liked to think of himself as an adult—aside from his rebellious attitude towards the scientists and their requests—he was still very much a child. Being physically bullied or teased for his voice, he could stand that. But for people to recoil in disgust or laugh at him—that was a whole different matter. Luckily for him, Luci started speaking.

At her invitation, Ivan gingerly prodded her palm as if his touching it would cause the light to distinguish. He then rested his index and middle finger on one of patterns. As she had said, her palm was cold, unlike those of a normal person’s. It was strange yet fascinating. His urge to ask about the light reemerged though he still squashed them. He felt like no matter what the situation is, it would be impolite. His mouth opened slightly as though he uttered a nonsensical word of awe but no sounds could be heard. He grinned, and then removed his fingers.

When she asked about their signing, a puzzled look crossed his face. Though he knew not everyone could sign, it has become second nature to him. So when someone asked about it, he almost felt as if they were asking about walking or breathing. A smile replaced his previous expression and he shook his head. It definitely wasn’t hard—well, to Ivan anyways. Anemone seemed to grasp it quite easily too, right? He brought his hands together, a whole slew of gestures emerging.

“It’s really quite easy once you know the basics. You know, like ABC’s. It’s just like speaking—except it’s not really? I can’t really explain it well. I just know how to do it. I was taught, you see, when I was younger so I’ve known it for a while. What was that saying? Doing things again and again is—good? Or something like that. I’m not as smart as Anemone so maybe you should ask her instead. She’s good at teaching. She’s always teaching me things.”

He smiled brightly at his friend as his fingers slowed down. If anyone could teach anyone anything, it would be Anemone. Hey, if she could teach something to someone like Ivan, she can do anything. His thoughts were interrupted by the opening of the leisure room door and a figure stepping out. He recognized him as the male twin he saw earlier. However, he didn’t seem to be accompanied by his talkative sister. Ivan smiled and nodded in return as the aerial disappeared down the hall.
Ryuya
Ryuya

Back to top Go down

Post  kathichan1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:23 pm

"Yes, yes, exactly!" Zalli chirped excitedly, nearly bouncing up and down in her seat. She knew that she could be very hard to understand as nobody she knew in the circus understood bird, but learning sign language would be such a pain, especially with her short attention span. In fact, wasn't she talking to someone right now?

'Doh.' Zalli fought the urge to facepalm at her own inattentiveness, opting instead to focus once more on the words of the Zany before her. The bird nodded fervently at Cammie's words. She knew that most of her fellow children had no relations they could think of, not even to mention having a close sibling with them to give support when they need it. She was really, really, really lucky in that aspect.

Caught up in her own musings again, Zalli nearly missed the strange look in Cammie's eyes. 'Is she...sad?' She wondered, before her own eyes opened wide. 'Ooooh of course Cammie would be sad if we were talking about homes and families! It's such a sensitive topic no wonder she's upset I shouldn't have said anything should I I guess I really do talk too much just like Quet says all the time....!' Zalli fretted inwardly, feeling kind of guilty for bringing down the mood so quickly.

She squirmed for a while after hearing Cammie's answer, not knowing what to say to lift the depressing mood that seemed to have blanketed the two girls. 'Well, erm...' Zalli mumbled out, trying to think of something to say. 'I-um, do consider everyone here at the circus as my family!' She smiled waving her arms around at their surroundings. 'I mean, I know that everyone's not FAMILY family, but we're certainly close enough to be one!' She grinned hugely, feeling the mood lighten up.

'And, well, if you want I'll share Quet with you I've always wanted a sister anyways, I mean yeah Quet's not the most talkative but he's really nice and he won't mind-probably- right Quet?' Zalli turned quickly, pausing her little spiel to look to her brother. Or rather, she paused her little spiel to turn to where her brother should have been.

'Quet?' She blinked a few times, and indeed Quet was no longer on the sofa. In fact, he wasn't even in the room, as a quick scan of her surroundings told her. 'Where did he go? Queeeeet!' Zalli jumped up, and with a quick 'Excuse me for a sec!' and a wave to Cammie she barreled out of the room, causing the door to slam open and slowly creak shut behind her. The girl shot down the hallway like a feathered projectile, hot in pursuit of her missing brother.
kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxofDissonance Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Chirps. Cammie could not understand what they meant.

She scratched the back of her head and gave the aerial an apologetic smile. "I might have been lucky with my last few guesses, but currently I don't have much clues. I wish I could understand, and I'm really sorry that I don't." She stared at the bird girl who continued to chirp away and she couldn't stop herself from smiling. Zalli's cheery demeanor was certainly contagious. I might not understand what you're saying...but thank you.

"Thanks-" Cammie was interupted in mid-sentence when Zalli turned to look for her brother. The aerial jumped up and waved. Cammie may not have understood all her hand flailing, but the Zany did understand that waving either signified a hello or a goodbye. She waved back and stared with a slightly startled expression when Zalli zoomed out of the room with immense speed. She's amusing and really friendly, I'll give her that The Zany leaned back into the sofa and closed the book that she had left open. Hmmm, maybe I'll go find something to do...maybe I'll even find Aiden. She laughed slightly, the former heavy feeling gone and the bright look plastered once more onto the Zany's face. She got onto her feet, placed the book on the nearest book shelf then made her way outside. On second thought, I could use some fresh air. Maybe I'll look around.

The girl slowly made her way to the door, she opened it quietly as to not disturb the others then began wandering down the hall at a leisurely pace.

Last edited by FoxofDissonance on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxofDissonance
FoxofDissonance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next